Sunday, October 25, 2009

Cooking from the Heart





Anyone who knows me, knows how much I love my family. I love my aunt Mamita so much, not just for her great cooking and yummy food, but for her big heart and sweet personality. She is so sweet, she makes sugar taste like salt! Every time she comes to visit from Nicaragua, there is always good times to be had with the family and lots of full stomachs. Sometimes we don't even talk at the table because we are too busy eating all the delicious food.

Here she is making her famous nacatamales. It takes her about the entire day to prepare and cook. She makes about 75 to give out to family. Family can't get enough and they save it over time for whenever the crave a taste of Nicaraguan food.
You'll also notice my dog, Jude, hoping that Mamita will drop something on the floor. Maybe next time Jude will luck out and get a taste...instead she'll just have to enjoy the wonderful aroma of good cooking!

2 comments:

  1. How cool. I love the fact that she is wear that on her head. Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Krisandra-didn't see you commented on this! Many thanks :)

    ReplyDelete